The WordWeb Pro English dictionary and thesaurus with 70 000 audio pronunciations. Includes definitions, usage examples, synonyms, and many related related words.
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
- 70,000 professionally recorded audio pronunciations
There are hint links between words that sound the same or are often confused. Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
- Full Text Search
No Internet connection is required. If you have also installed the Oxford or Chambers dictionary apps they be automatically detected and shown in separate tabs for quick cross-referencing. Can be used with Services to easily look up words in other programs, or automatically look up words by copying them to the clipboard.
- New definitions and updates - Support for new Collins Dictionary app in cross-reference tab if installed Note to cross-reference other installed WordWeb Software apps, you must run each of them once first.