As usual Moneydance has fantastic support for online banking & bill payment, credit card & bank account management, budgeting, investing, mobile app syncing and more. Moneydance 2017.3 brings further improvements including:
* Improved computer-to-computer syncing and smoother setup of synced computers. Simply install Moneydance on any computer and select the File->New menu and choose the Open Synced File option to have full access to your finances from anywhere. Changes are automatically synced between computers without fear of conflict.
* Improved Scripting with Python: In addition to the Python script runner, this version includes some additional Python Libraries (Requests, and mathplotlib) as well as the ability to load and run extensions written in Python, or more easily edit and run your own scripts.
* New text file importer! Import all kinds of text files (CSV, tab-delimited, etc) with automatic delimiter, field type, and date format detection. It also detects and eliminates duplicates, cleans up descriptions, and automatically guesses categories based on previous imports.
* Display new syncing method notification when opening a file stored in Dropbox
* Improve automatic merging of downloaded transactions
* Move to Dropbox v2 API (so please update quickly to keep mobile app syncing working!)
* Update HTTP implementation to work around problems with Discover online banking
* Improve security by removing all traces of previous encryption passphrase
* In cash flow (and detailed cash flow) reports, expenses are now shown in negative numbers so that the display along with income values makes sense
* Add new Python libraries for use in built-in scripts and extensions: matplotlib, and requests.
* Fix bug in which dividend reinvestments were displayed as regular dividends
* Set default cost basis method for new security accounts based on the cost basis calculation method from the most recently created or edited security
* Attempt to reduce the ridiculous delay when connecting to printing system on macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later (but it's still slow... we're working on it!)
* Add option to change time period for upcoming reminders shown on the summary screen
* Improve initial opening speed by consolidating recent changes into a single batch
* Fix automatic setting of exchange rate or security price based on new transactions
* Update trusted certificate list to allow connections to more banks
* Update the process for opening synced files
* More undo-able operations
* Improved developer/plugin/scripting support: access to online banking transaction processing and merging, onling banking authentication, and undo/redo support for changes to any syncable objects.
* Visual improvements to sidebar
* Fixed bug in passphrase prompt when switching files
* Tweaked wording of positive/negative credit/liability account balances
* If the syncing method is changed or disabled, reset or disconnect all the other sync methods. This way, if a shared folder is selected for syncing, another virtual synced document can be created by turning syncing off and then on again. This also provides a way to purge Dropbox Connection authentication information from the local storage, which forces re-authentication.
* Sidebar and account icon colours are now themeable
A major (but not new) feature is our absolute defense of your privacy. All of your data stays on your computer, encrypted and completely under your control. If you enable syncing then your data is communicated over a medium that you choose (either Dropbox, or a shared folder of your choice). All synced data is fully end-to-end encrypted, which means that even Dropbox (or your chosen shared file service) cannot decrypt and access the data. Unlike most other financial software, Moneydance never uploads your online banking password to anyone but your bank.